spill is on next week, page-42

1. 5,500 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    "Let me spell it out - many Aussies took her word that she would not implement carbon tax. And yet, Yeldub has defended her black and blue trying to make out she didn't break her promise. Aussies were deceived."

zonetrader,

You really do twist things around to suit your own purpose. She made it very clear that she wanted to price carbon via a market based mechanism and that a Carbon Tax was not the ALP way.

Unfortunately for you, the people of Australia did not vote just for ALP, they voted ALP, Greens, Independents and Libs. Fair enough that is democracy at it's finest.

Given that EVERYONE wanted to price carbon in some manner, what better way than to get all INTERESTED parties together to create a hybrid solution so that we can just get it done rather than spending another 10 years arguing. I think Tony was happy for all the other parties to work it out themselves as he wasn't interested in the finer details. Muttered something along the lines of my way or highway. Not very good the old Libs at dealing with people.

So given that the ALP were always wanting to price carbon and were very upfront about it, even to the point of saying they were creating a citizens' assembly to educate the people on the need for doing it (so that other parties can't pull out at the last minute like the Libs and Greens did last time) then squabbling over the precise implementation details is hardly as big a deal as you make it out to be.

Aussies weren't deceived, they just complain because they couldn't be bothered understanding the detail. They just make up their mind on very important issue via a 10 second news grab. Pity them.

"If Moondoong loses this bet, you can be sure Yeldub will hold him to it to the last day however he seems to have no problem letting off those in his favourite party fibbing to the electorate in a clear effort to get votes."

All I did was bet that (another one) of his prediction was going to be wrong.
    If he can show me some form of detail or situation I have described above then I would be happy to cut him some slack too.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.