LYC 0.14% $6.97 lynas rare earths limited

Spin Doctor, page-7

1. AOF
    2,144 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 720

As I have already indicated on here recently, I have previously owned LYC but sold all of my shares years ago because of what I considered even back then, to be unresolved and indeed unresolvable, political corruption and interference in their Malaysian LAMP operations.

Now, with the rapid growth of the EV industry globally, to me, owning shares again in LYC, should be, an entire no-brainer but, I personally wont spend even another penny, of my own money on buying it again, until they up-stumps and relocate their entire LAMP operations completely out of Malaysia, and most preferably, right back here into Australia, where IMHO it should have always been established in the first place.

Why..?   Because of the ..BIG-PICTURE..!  Which, simply means, as many others have already said, "This, is, ASIA's Century"..!   And with the now unstoppable economic growth and trading importance of China, and coming closely right along behind it, India, no possible further argument about 'this Asian Century fact', can or should be entered into..! Simply put, ..End of story..!

As we've already all seen, the Chinese Government is pursuing a ruthless expansion of its own sphere of influence throughout SE Asia with the establishment of newly created artificially man-made island bases for the strategic location its own armed forces right throughout the South China Sea, despite all of the plainly impotent, posturing and protestations of the US and its Allies.

Once operational, these 'armed-fortress islands' will provide China with unprecedented ability to control the movement of all, Trade and Shipping, throughout the entire South China Sea zone and already the previously US aligned Philippines has, under its new President Duterte 'literally, told the US to get stuff*d' and turned its face now towards China for its own future alliance, and reliance.

Communist Vietnam shares a physical land border with China and so I don't anticipate that it will be too long at all before it too will 'see the wisdom' of joining in with an expansionary Communist China's "One Belt One Road" wishes.

As we all know, LYC offers the only other reliable source of RE's outside of China, and these are 'critical' to the entire ROW's own plans, to join in on the 'ready to burgeon' growth and demands for the Renewables/EV/Battery/New-Energy, global paradigm.

The Chinese well know this, and if there is one thing that the Chinese could never, ever, be accused of by anybody, it is of being in any way slow, or stupid, and as we have seen only this past week, the US has already declared that it now wants to urgently partner with Australia in sourcing its own urgently needed supplies of these now essential RE's as the sudden reality of Donald Trump's self inflicted Trade War with China suddenly becomes blindingly apparent, even to the dumbest of Yanks, as China now tightens the screws upon the further sales of its own RE's to 'The West'.

Everyone already knows Malaysia is an economic basket case with Dr M recently seen in his latest photo-opportunity, personally and graciously accepting yet another, $ Billions filled 'brown-paper-bag' from the Japanese, who are also absolutely desperate to keep the LYC LAMP wheels churning out a reliable supply of RE's for their own Hi-Tec industries, however IMHO, Ms Yeo et-al, already know full well that at 93 years old, Dr M wont be around too much longer, and so, they, are already taking this chance to align themselves, and indeed Malaysia, to 'the wishes' of their own region's very obvious new puppet-master, China.

To me, 'the just, current round' of Malaysian corrupt political interference in LYC simply has all of the apparent fingerprints of China's own stealthy and steady guiding hands upon it, and as such, I truly don't believe that Lynas, despite all of the undeniable and indeed, indisputable logic and legal arguments that have been used by it, and its supporters, will ever, be able to do ..anything.. as long as their LAMP remains in Malaysia and under direct Malaysian political influence, to prevent, this continuous, and ongoing interference, in its own company's operations there.

Reducing the entire argument then to its simplest form, ..China.. now calls the tune..! And China always, plays ..the long game..! That's, why, I personally, wont buy another single LYC share, until, they've bailed entirely, out of Malaysia.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.97
Change
-0.010(0.14%)
Mkt cap ! $6.514B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.97 $7.02 $6.93 $23.44M 3.457M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 55015 $6.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.98 4718 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.97
  Change
-0.010 ( 0.01 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.96 $7.02 $6.94 528721
Last updated 15.59pm 17/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.