John 9 records the story of the man born blind, whose spiritual...

1. 4,281 Posts.
    John 9 records the story of the man born blind, whose spiritual awakening led to an acknowledgement of who Jesus is. The man’s receipt of spiritual sight was accompanied by physical sight. The man spoke of the dawning of a new light in his life in simple terms: “One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!” (John 9:25). He knew the truth of Psalm 36:9, “With you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.”

The apostle Paul’s spiritual awakening was sudden and dramatic when Jesus met him on the road to Damascus and changed his life forever (Acts 9). From then on, Paul’s desire was for all believers to increase in their spiritual awareness: “I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened” (Ephesians 1:18). The psalmist’s prayer was also for spiritually open eyes: “Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law” (Psalm 119:18). Our spiritual awakening begins when Jesus sheds His light upon us: “The people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned” (Matthew 4:16).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.