AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Spodumene EV peer comparisons, page-80

1. 821 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 170
    Ok, granted. Take the 'badlands' of any capital city around the world 50 years ago. Today, in many cases these are the leafy, established suburbs of the well-to-do. The "Triangle of Death" just happens to have bugger all economic activity going on.

Again, that region has proven to be hostile to western (UN) presence, it is sparsely populated and impoverished. What do you think the story was for most mines built in Africa? Pink fluffy bunnies?

I know these look like obstacles, I thought so too until I thought a bit longer about it. For the supposed "do-gooders" who go on about how DRC is a tyrannical hellhole for its population (because DRC is corrupt, not because it lacks resources), or the "it can't be done" crowd I would like to say that the greatest good is achieved when adventurous people roll up their sleeves and start something where before there was nothing. Then afterwards people will taunt and point the finger, identifying every minor transgression, but they ignore what was there before. So once this mine is operational, have a think about how bad that region was before and how much it will have changed in 10 years time, now that there's a reason to live there.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.