PLS 0.00% $2.58 pilbara minerals limited

I like taking the contrarian view, so yes, I'm probably biased...

1. 5,900 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1185
    I like taking the contrarian view, so yes, I'm probably biased in the sense that I'm looking to take the opposite side of consensus on this forum rather than following the herd.

Having said that, nothing anyone is saying on here passes the sniff test when it comes to arguing why there should be a rebound in price. At least not for the foreseeable future.

All the big producers are increasing supply at pace. Demand, whilst still growing, has slowed down. That demand is being taken care of by existing producers that are all profitable at current prices.

If supply coming out of Africa, China and elsewhere isn't sustainable, then it has or will stop. The price of spod has been hovering around where it is now for over 8 months now. If it's not sustainable at current prices, as many argue, shouldn't it already be out of the market by now? The longer the current pricing remains, the more the argument about unsustainable product being taken out of the market becomes void as it should already be out of the market.

Current big producers are the reason why prices are where they are. They have every right to increase production given that they are still profitable. But don't expect any increase in price (except dead cat bounces) while all the big producers are increasing supply.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.