PLS 4.83% $2.86 pilbara minerals limited

Imagine for a moment if AVZ and the Manono deposit was also...

1. 800 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 761
    Imagine for a moment if AVZ and the Manono deposit was also close to coming online as well !!! Talk about oversupply !!!

Thankfully due to the BS that’s happening with that sovereign risk circus , that massive deposit is likely very long way away. Although….. the more I think about it, it could be sooner if the Chinese get their hands on it despite all the International Arbitration Courts rulings in favour of AVZ. The Chinese seem to be able to get mines producing in 1/10th of the time it takes us, as we have plough through the red tape that is put in our way.

Chinese interests are apparently trying to steal this particular asset away from the Western supply lines and if they are eventually successful then it further reduces Chinese reliance on PLS , LTR etc.., ….. which is clearly their ultimate goal. The West has to wake up !!! …… and damn fast !!!

I would love to see some new longer term guidance from PLS right now.

It is very worrying ‘dfs1’ if this oversupply is forecast to continue for years to come.

My concern is I can see continuing supply from Africa in particular. The impact on us is going to be driven by their CoP …… I can only imagine at this stage that the cost of operating mines in these countries is much cheaper than many Western countries despite the poor quality deposits that are being mined, so they can probably go like this for a long time. It seems that quality isn’t as big an issue as I was led to believe.

I expected a correction to the lithium price and a ‘materials cycle’ akin to Iron ore, but I didn’t expect the downturn to run this long . I think it has caught a lot of other people out as well.

Interestingly I wonder if Albermarle would have prosecuted a TO of LTR had Gina not bought approx 20% stake on the eve of the lithium collapse. I wonder if she saw this coming …… or if ALB saw it coming ……. I get the impression they didn’t ???

Anyway , GLTAH …..I’m here for the long run or I until I run out of cash.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.