PLS 1.19% $4.15 pilbara minerals limited

@RobekThanks mate.The PLS share price has responded to movements...

1. 1,190 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3375

@Robek
    Thanks mate.

The PLS share price has responded to movements in the Lithium sector. The price of other Lithium stocks justifies a current PLS share price of ~$1.20.

When the share price hit $1.47 I sat here thinking "why don't I sell ... for now?" A MC of A$4.5b seemed great but excessive for this time in our development. Certainly a big holder agreed with this last friday.

I just felt we're on the verge of a few important announcements and didn't want to miss out ... should they be announced.

The BOD have continually stated they aim to have PLS become one of the largest producers in the world. So they'd be aiming for a MC of between A$10b and A$20b. A long way to go.

The current MC of A$3.4b is still very sweet. I don't think any of us can complain. We were A$800m (32c) less than 4 months ago.

I watch all the EV battery chain players. Certainly Tesla is the bellwether and continues to validate the 21st century energy disruption driven by alternative energy sources, coupled with Lithium Ion batteries.

Patience and vigilance is the winning formula for investment purposes and that game is only played by long term holders.

I expect the Quarterly Report to be issued friday. Should be choc full of info. They'll be running the comb and ruler through costings to justify it as low as possible. I would at least expect an announcement that we are in full production and a sales guidance at least the equal of the previous quarter, judging by Nightflyer's shipping updates.

PLS and GXY made record shipments last quarter. HOWEVER, GXY made 40kt from inventory. They won't be doing the same this quarter, so I'm expecting an announcement that we've returned to FULL production and record shipment continuance.

I'm not expecting anything from Altura operations, except plans for plant improvement works. We've had 3 months now of reviewing their operations. The original plan was for plant improvements and returning to production perhaps in 12 months. If Pilgangoora Stage 2a expansion (100ktpa) commences, that too will be ready in 9 months, as per previous advice.

I really want to see some material improvements in the price of Spodumene, in the next few months. Our original DFS was based on a price of USD550pt. I want to see that as a minimum soon.

Stage 2 expansion commencement announcement, POSCO JV, ALO offtake or left field smoky European (as foretold last year by Joe Lowry) offtake announcement would be a bonus. Technically, the GL and Ganfeng offtake contracts are voidable (as Ken intimated at the RRS Seminar in Jun20) and a redirection of that offtake to Europe, together with downstream participation would be shockingly good. The big question is, can the Europeans achieve battery quality accreditation on a mass scale? A big ask. I did note however, the Livista Energy CEO is a Pilbara trained Geologist and has execs formerly with Albermarle. POSCO have been working at it for 3 years now and still no announcement from them.

At this stage, the most important thing IMHO, is seeing those costings come down to USD320pt.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.15
Change
-0.050(1.19%)
Mkt cap ! $12.49B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.18 $4.19 $4.13 $81.93M 19.69M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 45688 $4.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.16 78493 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.16
  Change
-0.050 ( 0.52 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.19 $4.19 $4.13 3824343
Last updated 15.59pm 21/05/2024 ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.