DMN 0.00% 0.1¢ datamotion asia pacific limited

spoke to a exploration geologist friend

1. 20 Posts.
    After reading all the noise on here i did my own research as everyone suggests. Thought i'd share what a friend who is a Exploration Geologist told me.

"most diamond drill rigs can drill 30-50m per shift dependant upon conditions.
    in good ground, no fractures, the expected rate would be up to 60m but in broken ground the rate could drop to 20m per shift."

"We log the samples on site yes. We descibe lots of things. We start with geotecnical stuff like fractures per metres and rock hardness and then we describe the rock, we describe the mineralisation, we describe the structures and textures, we describe any mineral alteration and we describe any other salient properties such as magnetism or radioactivity or whatever"

"We then cut the core in half and send it to the lab. depending on what is wanted the lab can for a higher price give results in the 24-72 hours range but for a more reasonable price most of us wait 2-4 weeks for assay results. If the core i...s being drilled for metallurgical sampling then the results could take more time as the tests are more involved. All core should be marked up and photographed on site prior to cutting"

"REE is pretty standard assaying, nothing special bt it will be in the 2-4 range after sample submission. The slowe part is logging, photographing, cutting the core. There is a lot more to diamond drill logging than RC chip logging."

I'm happy to wait it out, things are moving forward and speaking to this guy kinda puts it into perspective what needs to be done.

If Geo's were sent to site as claimed, i'm guessing they have some cores to play with.

Hope this helps

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DMN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.