NXS 5.00% 21.0¢ next science limited

spoke to exploration manager, page-8

1. 741 Posts.
    ok mate,
    no issue. Just that it is kind of hard to be really optimistic. I think the final flow rate was quoted as about 15-16 MMscf/d (lower interval) with no flow on the upper test zone. We also now know that there is only a preliminary logging suite available. Also the schematic of the sands on the nxs site is informative. Namely there are a nember of sand intervals, some quite thin and all separated by substantial non sand intervals. It seems that the lower test perforated all the intervals identified possibly simultaneously. If this were so then the test would have commingled the results, and if some sands did not flow then we would not know. Of course it may have been otherwise but if so I have not seen any reports to confirm. Maybe all the flow measured came from one sand and the rest were tight. In which case it would not be a huge coincidence that the lower test apparently worked and the upper did not. Simply that the upper zone did not have even one producible interval. Time (and the core) will tell. Also the good Ian W has noted that the flow rate quoted is not particularly impressive vis a vis commerciality for an offshore well, and I agree. Usually one can say that the test is over a vertical interval whereas a producing well would have a horizontal intersection and hence a much higher flow. But here we are confronted with thin distributed reservoirs which make it very hard to imagine a successful horizontal scenario. Maybe the giggles were hysteria.
    cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NXS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.0¢
Change
0.010(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $61.35M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.5¢ 21.0¢ 19.0¢ $31.60K 161.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 7800 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.5¢ 4944 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.52pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NXS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.