WTP 0.00% 91.0¢ watpac limited

sponsorship puts wtp in box seat for stadium

1. 296 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    WTP sponsorship of Port Adelaide puts them into the box seat for the redevelopment of their stadium, especially given WTP's expertise in stadia:

"Watpac seals sponsorship agreement with Port Adelaide Football Club

Sponsorship agreement between iconic Australian company and prestigious AFL club
    Watpac has further strengthened its relationship with the Australian Football League (AFL) via the sponsorship of the Port Adelaide Football Club.

Watpac has established a solid affiliation with the AFL over many years, having completed such stadia projects as The Gabba in Brisbane (home to the Brisbane Lions) and the new Premiership Stand for the Geelong Football Club in Victoria.

Currently Watpac is constructing the new Gold Coast Stadium for the leagues newest club, the Gold Coast Football Club. Watpac has also constructed Skilled Park Stadium on the Gold Coast, and Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, which are primarily used by other codes of football.

Watpac will become a Premier Partner of the Power, joining the clubs second tier of sponsors. Port Adelaides other Premier Partners are Reebok, Simply Energy, Bianco Construction Supplies, Lion Nathan, and SGIC.

Greg Kempton, Watpac Managing Director, said the company was delighted with the continued evolution of Watpacs relationship with the AFL and the opportunity to support one of the AFLs most celebrated clubs.

The Port Adelaide Football Club has an extraordinary history and we are very pleased to now help play a part in its continuing success, Mr Kempton said.

As an Australia-wide company, with an established presence in Adelaide, we consider our support of the club to be a natural progression of our relationship with the AFL, and our commitment to supporting Australian sports and community groups.

As a person born and bred in Adelaide myself, I am well aware of the community support Port Adelaide enjoys, and I am delighted Watpac is in a position to be able to provide sponsorship to the Club this yearalthough on a personal note I remain a keen supporter of the Brisbane Lions!

Were looking forward to watching Port Adelaide take on Carlton this weekend and moving to a 6-2 record.

Mark Haysman, Port Adelaide Chief Executive, said Watpac was one of the fastest-growing companies in Australia and responsible for some of the nations most iconic sporting structures.

We are delighted to add Watpac as a Premier Partner of our club, Mr Haysman said.

Watpac are a fast-growing ASX-listed company with a long-standing interest in sport and sporting projects, and we see the relationship as a perfect fit.

The Companys expertise in stadia construction has also lead to Watpacs Construction division recently submitting a proposal in partnership with the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) to the Australian Research Council to examine the long-term benefit to the Australian economy of sustainable stadia and infrastructure.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WTP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.