researcher100You make a valid point and I'll confess, I didn't...

1. 500 Posts.
    researcher100
    You make a valid point and I'll confess, I didn't think of that. But my heart goes out to all those old codgers that made the effort to save up for retirement, now they are unable to enjoy the final years remaining to them. Age pension one-off payments will do nothing for them. They will be compelled to work longer and harder. On the other hand, they should have known better than to put their super into high risk investment classes. With a time-frame of a few years, they should have invested in more conservative asset classes, rather than shares.

I'm 29, and half my super is in Aussie shares, the other half property. It's taken a fair wack let me tell you, but rather than bleat, I'll stick to my current strategy because I've got a time frame of 30 years before I retire, and by the time I'm 45, I'll have moved my super into a more conservative mix...say 50%, 20% bonds and 30% shares, and gradually move back to cash and fixed interest as years pass.

As for the first home-buyers grant. A reduction in stamp duty would have been better.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.