NCM 0.00% $23.35 newcrest mining limited

spot check team, page-54

1. 13,079 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2730
    well thats cool, but can i suggest, if i know one thing for certain, NCM has always been about extremes, so be careful, usual spikes and bounces up along the way....down (near term),,,

as someone pointed out the other day,,its all about opportunity cost, and NCM just loves to lock people into become long termers..

Personally ive used stops on the way down and its protected me from growing losses when these spikes to the upside retreat..........

As you point out its the fundamentals of the company
    It needs not to make, but to smash its own targets to plug the revenue gap from big fall in POG AUD price since 1/10/2012
    Oil rising,,,QE programs rubbish,,but that hurts margins
    The comnpany has accumulate a hell of alot of debt at a time when gold is falling and it failed to reach the high targets which pushed the investment decision .......
    Lihir is not the only probelm, a swag of other assets not performing either, check out last QTR report
    Costs continue to rie, refer last few QTR reports
    Geopolitical issue Ivory
    Not sure but ongoing potential legal settlement with Cadia and the obsense corrupt members of previous government officials
    Paulson, the man who tried to single handledly corner the Gold ETF market and gold miners is under huge redemption requests
    Gold is hovering near 200DMA and fear is easing big time as everyone is super bullish, so one may not need to pump so much money into GOLD as protection
    Capital managment last year has been proven to be a total joke, series of buybacks which are now underwater, and then they went out and borrowed money.....managment dont care about shareholderts at NCM, anyone who presides over a halving in share price, wasted buy backs etc etc and then gets a bonus for doing a good job,,,well that spell risk to me.

There certainly isnt too much to get excited about, or incentive to start buying 10's of thousands of shares ATM

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.