AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

spot on, page-3

1. 24,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5565
    I think we need to keep a close eye on the overall markets direction as I think AVB is now of a size (and diversity of holders) that a major move on the greater market will be reflected in the price of AVB/OB. .. Some investors will follow the world markets V.closely dumping shares when the index looks toppy eg, when moving averages cross over downwards (or other signals, ie stochastics etc) and re-entering when the same turns up...

When the market falls, eventually, almost all other stocks will follow ...some may hold out for a few days but inevitable capitulate.

Personally, I can't see AVB rising very far from here with the market falling and without a significant announcement of some sort. If the overall market wasn't falling then I would be saying a steady and slow accumulation uptrend would continue. Of course if AVB announce something good or bad that will also be reflected in the swing in price.

If overall market rises tomorrow then that will be reflected in some additional buying on AVB, but what is more important than one days index rise is the average directions of the market... For me, at the moment, that directions is down. An it will take more than 1 days rise to reverse that.

The down swing may last a few days, week , a month , or a year ...I don't know. I learnt very early in the piece to only pay passing attention to the market news ie Greece, Ireland woes etc, but pay V.close attention to the direction of the indexes.

If you are a long/mid termer all of the above is of no consequence, however short termers need to beware and tighten up their stops if they haven't already.

Good luck all holders

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.