PDN 7.44% $14.15 paladin energy ltd

Sigh...! Whatever happened to investors? You know, people who...

1. 5,800 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    Sigh...! Whatever happened to investors? You know, people who invest in a company for the long term, to become part owners of the business? The market is currently blighted by traders - people who just buy and sell these notional "things" called shares, but which are really just little parcels assigned a dollar value.

There is no value attached to the holdings of traders other than the number beside the label "Closing Price" of the previous night. Or the previous minute!

The whole intent of the stock market was to allow people to become shareholders in companies, and share in the fortunes of those companies, whatever they may be. That's why they are called "shares".

But now, there are way too many people, funds, banks, and bots who see absolutely no value in investing at all - it's all about turnover and trading.

If I sound like I've lost faith in the markets - yup, you're right. And as long as traders large and small rule the markets, smaller companies outside the ASX 20, 50 or perhaps 100, will suffer. They won't have access to capital without doing placements or taking horrendous loans, they don't have the capital to carry out their core businesses, and only the big fellas - the Telstras, the banks, BHP, RIO, and a few others, survive. Every other stock carries a risk that is increasing weekly or daily. And that risk is brought about by the fact that the markets are now just playgrounds for traders.

Sigh....!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.15
Change
0.980(7.44%)
Mkt cap ! $4.221B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.93 $14.28 $13.83 $27.17M 1.929M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 1782 $14.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.16 483 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.50pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.