BMN 8.66% $3.27 bannerman energy ltd

last time I looked there were a couple of negative factors of a...

1. 3,939 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 327
    last time I looked there were a couple of negative factors of a temporary nature. The first was the shutdown of one of the worlds most important processing plants in Canada for repairs and maintenance. This produces 30% of global nuclear fuel rods. Reopens in December but will then process a backlog of work built up, so will not be looking for new uranium for a while as the catch up happens.
    Second there was an overbuy situation in the reent rush and it will take the purchasers a while to run through that overbought stock.
    So this ets the scene for shorters in uranium stocks for a while.
    Its worth remembering that nuclear plants will be quicker to build than in times past. There are a motza in the early stages of development now. It is the second wave, much bigger than the first. These will be safer more efficient and cheaper to buld per unit output by a good way than generation A foe want of a better word-my own device. As with most things a lot has been learnt.
    However these will kick in immediately.
    Uranium is an over the counter market for the most part. In OTC markets I have read the price for new proiduction is higher than the spot price.
    There is also a good probability that the spot price may be being rigged for some months by big groups of buyers, or sovereign buyers. Why? Because they can?
    Once the reactors strt to come on stream or look like it the demand side of the picture will be transformed.
    But all the demand is not that far away. The near exhaustion of the reprocessing from decommissioned weapons is a big factor for existing users. They have been used to, many of them, ridiculously low prices for uranium.
    These cannot continue. Why? Because if they do the supply will not be forthcoming in future. It costs a lot of money to bulid a mine. is anyone going to do it for peanuts prices? Well, would you?
    When that point comes in which the SD situation reverses I do not know, but when it does we may se at least two big rocket rises in the U2 price. It wond hurt the power producers. Once a U plant is up and riunning the cost of producing power is so cheap at any forseeable u price is so low nothing else can compete with it for base load generation. And no pollution in the air.
    Phew. So whats to do? Buy miners suchas BMN on the dips? Over to you.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.27
Change
-0.310(8.66%)
Mkt cap ! $499.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.30 $3.40 $3.23 $6.799M 2.065M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 24450 $3.27

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.28 20000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.