SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

nbbrich, this is a bit off topic for the SNN thread but...

1. 8,720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    nbbrich, this is a bit off topic for the SNN thread but personally I think there is more to Thursday's market action than a fat finger (the index movements chart-wise look too contrived).

And we should therefore not lose perspective of the bigger picture, because a correction has not exactly been unexpected - in fact its been talked about for months. On April 15th the XJO hit 5025, which is 60% above the low of last March. The market has had a great run after being decimated in 2008. The correction was due, we all talked about it, the charts suggested it was coming. Therefore we should not be surprised, and not caught out by it. Even the prospect of Greece or the PIIGS has been with us for some time. Its up to each of us to manage our positions appropriately for this type of event, which means trimming positions, letting our stops work for us, etc. Many of us have made a fair bit of money over the last 12 months.

The market will always have ups and downs. This is one of the downs. But if we've played it right, then we have good capital positions ready for evidence the market has bottomed.

As for SSN, I weigh up the drag that the market is going to place on small caps generally, against the prospects that we have all talked about for SSN. I am at the top of my allocation for SSN. Its not one that I want to trim, I think the short term prospects are just too good. Remember there are plenty of stocks which announce good news even during a market downturn that still do very well. My money is on SSN being one of them.

Cheers, trade safe everyone, Sharks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.