SMM 20.0% 0.4¢ somerset minerals limited

Hello icred, welcome back. I have been posting a lot less, yes....

1. 487 Posts.
    Hello icred, welcome back. I have been posting a lot less, yes. I get agitated easily and felt I was wasting too much of my time being drawn into what I considered unconstructive arguments with little benefit to anyone, especially myself. Time is something I value greatly, so I try not to log on too much nowadays. I get just as much insight through reading. Sorry if I miss something, I don't read everything. Will make time to respond to my favourite two-fingered typist however... hopefully up to 3 fingers now...

The reason I assume every single shareholder will take up the SPP is because, obviously, providing they owned at least $5000 worth of TMR shares to begin with, they had many opportunities to sell out at a higher price and buy back in at 11.5c, meaning guaranteed profit. I cannot for the life of me think of a counter argument for this, except the shareholder who held less than $5000? Even they could have sold out whatever shares they owned however.

I wonder if there was a minimum as to how many shares you needed to own to be offered SPP? Anyone with a holding of 1k or under would have done exceptionally well out of this if they received the opportunity...

Director's hole... ha ha... hope and don't see this being the case but if it were, good choice with IO ha ha...

I received a call about the SPP also, as I assume everyone did. I had no problem with it however, and personally appreciated it in case I was not aware of the SPP and I did not receive the mail for some reason.

Strongly disagree with you on the chance of TMR dropping to 10c Icred, but I hope your bid goes through... hang on a sec, no I don't, that would mean my shares would be less! I have believed all along 12c is IMO an extremely clear entry point, which don't normally happen very often, unless you're a TA I guess...

Even though many of us, myself included, have made profit out of this SPP, objectivity should be maintained. Regardless of how we personally gained from this SPP, I think the more important issue when assessing this decision from management is how were the shareholders treated collectively? The money some of us already hold from this opportunity did not come from nowhere. It also did not come from non-shareholders buying in at market value. They were buying in at a discounted rate due to the SPP. The money came from larger shareholders. It also came from people who sold out at lesser profits, which isn't an unfair thing to do considering they had 1 month to produce 5 grand or suffer dilution without any gains, not to mention the fact that they had little warning consdiering TMR had already stated it would not be raising capital. It came from people who, for whatever reason, did not take up this SPP. And it also came from everyone's shares now being worth less. Cash in the hand looks great, but this cash came from somewhere, don't let it distort the larger picture. As I have said before, I like where TMR is going but feel this SPP reflects poorly on management, even though I will personally benefit from it overall.

Essentially what TMR did was raise money by saying:

Here ya go guys, you can have shares that are worth 14c for only 11.5c just for being good shareholders...

Fantastic, I will sell these for 12c and make a profit!!! Easy money! Who are the suckers selling something worth 14c for only 11.5c?

Ahh just the shareholders...

Oh good... hang on a sec, that's us!!!

When the SP rises again I will use data to prove these statements.

Ugh... that's why I try not to post Icred, I just am simply incapable of posting a one liner.

Finally, there seems to be a differing of opinion re: Bpay... hard man or anyone else, could anyone confirm definitively the latest possible time you can BPay and ENSURE your placement will be purchased? From hard man's comment it sounds like it is judged from the time BPAY is sent... it makes little difference to me now, I express posted it today but I am curious and wonder if their is a chance people could miss out?

My knowledge from what people have told me. Investor relations or whatever the official title was of TMR informed me BPAY sent on Monday would probably go through, but said I would most likely need to bpay it on friday to be sure. Even then, he couldn't guarantee this and gave me an email address to get something down in writing, but which I did not contact.

Share purchase plan application form states: Your payment must be received by no later than 5pm EST on 26 May. Applicants should be aware that their own financial institution may implement earlier cut off times with regards to electronic payment, and should therefore take this into consideration when making payment. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that funds submitted through bpay are received by this time.

After contacting Savings and Loans, the gentleman on the phone informed me 1-2 days, up to a week for bpay to go through. They sure as heck weren't willing to offer me any one day guarantee it would go through.

I have posted this info before, and would hope and assume those that entered bpay transaction on 26th would go through, or be granted leniency if not, but I know I would be really annoyed if I missed out and hope no one else does. Although, by my reckoning, the more people that miss out the better off the rest of us are... heh heh...

G'night.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
-0.001(20.0%)
Mkt cap ! $4.123M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $18.42K 4.606M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 6634995 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 550000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.21pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.