KAR 1.64% $1.80 karoon energy ltd

"I note that the sp has closed below $5.30."The market seems to...

1. 1,366 Posts.
    "I note that the sp has closed below $5.30."

The market seems to be factoring in broker consensus estimates (the very low end) of the value of Browse and Brazil and discounting that a little for taking on the risks.

Attaching zero value to Peru atm, and perhaps jittery given recent price negotiations with JPN for our LNG and their comments re American shale.

For mine the market is pricing KAR cautiously because the enviroment atm is very very conservative, so it's not unexpected given the downside risks that exist for KAR. Ie. financing for projects, lower than expected recoverable reserves, no cashflows yet, uncertainty of farm in deals etc.

The reason i own this stock is because there isn't another junior or mid size O&G that offers the exploration upside and potential of existing assets that this one does. I bought it on that basis. It already found Browse and was commencing a drilling op in a region with a virtual 55% hit rate on wells since 2008. We hit 2 of 3. Throw in some more virgin type territory on the other coastline in SA, and it's worth the risks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.80
Change
-0.030(1.64%)
Mkt cap ! $1.442B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.83 $1.83 $1.80 $4.171M 2.304M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 100630 $1.80

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.81 27900 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.