spread sheet junior explorers, page-20

1. 146 Posts.
    Hi Ron. I actually began doing something similar a couple of years ago, in database rather than spreadsheet format, but quickly gave up in the face of the vast amount of time required to keep the thing up to date!

I don't know if your reasons for undertaking the project are purely personal for your own trading / investing decisions, or commercial, as in producing a saleable product, website etc.

If it's just for your own use, I would really narrow your focus according to your trading style and strategies - are you looking for stocks that will build interest as they move towards drilling, companies nearing production, established producers, csg, uranium, takeover plays, etc.?

If you have commercial aspirations, then you might want to look at a site called goldnerds.com.au which seems to offer something similar to what you are proposing for aussie gold stocks. And as CleverTrevor said, John Campbell's Oil and Gas Weekly (oilers.com.au) would be your established competition in the junior oilers field.

Oh, and in my experience sentiment has a huge place to play in this marketplace and that is very difficult to quantify in a spreadsheet. I've lost some goodly sums waiting for oilers "to do what they should do" according to their fundamentals, while those apparently less "well-endowed" have bolted for no discernible reason.

Anyway, quality information is always a valuable commodity, so good luck with the project. Let the forum know how you get on.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.