Spring Has Sprung !!, page-31

1. 1,844 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    Hi Out, thanks for sharing that article about Eva, very interesting read. How sadly ironic, that her beautiful voice and songs were not appreciated until after her death. Doesn't make sense! Sadly, I know all about the melanoma that Eva had, it's the hideous cancer that also got my mother in the end. Initially, she had melanoma in her left eye, of all places, which is not that common. After the doctors discovered this, they then did tests on her, to make sure it had not spread anywhere else in her body. The report came back that everything was clear, so they then had remove her eye. It was of course, very traumatic for her to lose it and took awhile for her to get used to. The replacement glass eye looked quite realistic, so she didn't end up looking too bad. Anyway, being the trooper she was, she eventually got over it and got on with her life. Fast forward five years later - she was told the bad news, that she had melanoma in her liver, and that it was so advanced, that nothing could be done to get rid of it. They gave her 3 - 12 months, and she passed away 7 months after diagnosis. Melanoma runs in my family, my father had it as well, many years ago and his was skin related, but they got it all off early enough and it didn't return. Although he died of lung cancer a few years ago, it was not melanoma related.

Last year, I got what looked like a pinkish, slightly raised lesion on my left forearm, but thought it was just a rash of some sort, that would eventually go away, so I didn't think it was anything to worry about. Left it for awhile, but eventually went to a dermatologist in Tamworth. He removed it and two weeks later, he called and told me the report came back as melanoma! I was shocked to say the least, as I thought melanomas were always black. They majority are, but the very light coloured ones are rare. (Goes to show, that sometimes the most 'innocent' looking things can be the most deadly). Anyway, to cut a long story short, the final report said, that the melanoma had been completely removed, and had not gotten down far enough, to be a danger of getting into my bloodstream. As I am at high risk of getting it again, I have to keep a close eye on things, being that both of my parents had it.

Anyway, back to music! I have never heard of Grace Potter at all, she has a pretty good voice. That Paris song sure is a wild one, plenty of 'risque' scenes in that, for you guys to enjoy looking at!

Thought I would post a couple of my favourite Olivia Newton-John songs, given that she's recently been through another tough cancer battle. She seems to be doing a lot better now, she has such a positive attitude to life, and over the years, has helped many others going through it. She has such an awesome voice.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.