BOE 0.58% $3.49 boss energy ltd

Sprott Factor, page-168

1. 5,031 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5068
    I do not mean to blatantly promote my Twitter (apologies in advance) but this morning I asked a question of the Twitter uranium world on BOE's current valuation and got a number of interesting responses. I won't repost it here - too difficult - but if you can check it out yourself.

The brief gist of it is that at 30c at today's open we had a market cap of A$683m, yet our NPV is A$420m. On that basis along Boss looks very expensive (how many other 'junior' miners would you find where the MC was greater than the NPV?) This was the question I asked and the answers received tended to be along the following veins:

- NPV is based on US$60/lb U price and seems likely it will far exceed this (at least in the short term)
    - NPV is based on 36M lb's and Boss' full JORC is 71.6M lb's
    - There is plenty of exploration upside to expand the JORC by 58-190M lb's (NB: this would be the absolute game changer for me)
    - MC includes 170M plant on care and maintenance
    - MC includes a premium given the high-calibre management team and tier 1 jurisdiction (SA).

Just some food for thought. I bought into Boss because I want the first-mover advantage, someone who will actually be able to sell product into the next bull market and potentially reward me with dividends. Not many ASX U stocks can offer that potential today. By necessity it means our market cap is already one of the larger ones, so the % gains will be lower. However as noted above, if Boss can expand the JORC resource and therefore the Life of Mine, anything is possible.

So I await most eagerly the exploration updates. The 2nd September announcement noted "results due next month and drilling scheduled to start in the coming quarter".

I bought more today: for a more recent uranium entrant, red days are my happiest ones.

Cheers,
    m

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.49
Change
0.020(0.58%)
Mkt cap ! $1.427B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.44 $3.50 $3.39 $8.937M 2.589M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5 $3.48

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.50 27352 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BOE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.