SPT 0.00% 7.5¢ splitit payments ltd

Interim CEOs are common. the vast majority of interim CEO stay...

1. 1,043 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 191
    Interim CEOs are common.

the vast majority of interim CEO stay at least a full quarter and many turn companies around; this is a pivotal moment for SPT and i think John brings the tactics we need exactly when we need them.

it will be an interesting few months - if John makes some major changes to strategy and vision it's likely he is auditioning for the job permanent; but it doesn't seem like this is what the board is looking for -- more like some tactics and connections now Brad has lined up the troops, and was a defensive type general - now we need a tactical / offensive striking general to pull those big numbers -- the move seems sound and reasonable (not negative and unreasonable)

I was reading an article about a US study of 9 interim CEO's; more then two-thirds of 13 public companies led by interim CEO's dramatically outperformed an index of peer companies by a median of 10.8% and their company share price gained a median of 18%.

Mostly if a company is doing really bad and run out of capital runway a interim CEO can be desperate move and not work out -- but this is clearly not the case.

despite a negative perception that interim CEOs are transient caretakers only, clearly John is no mug and from what I'm reading his performance in this role may be greatly underestimated; his resume is impressive and he is connected for sure..

I think the ultimate tip off here is the incentives based on performance (clearly SPT isn't in conservation capital distress mode), it's in growth mode and the board have clearly said they want the best tactics for right now/ this point in time.

I think with such recent declining SP on really no news (apart from negative profit/spend that all BNPL reporting) , you'd be mad to think this is a bad thing some how?

Sorry haha can call me a biased long term holder or whatever, but I see this as promising and a good chance for SPT

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.