RRS 0.00% 0.1¢ range resources limited

Of course, we both knows there's been a lot of obstacles to...

1. 478 Posts.
    Of course, we both knows there's been a lot of obstacles to overcome to reach this point. I did not mean to imply spudding the well has been easy, because it hasn't.

But it's only the first step, in a journey that may throw up other obstacles along the way. If these two wells are successfully drilled, oil is found, and the Chinese or whoever come and offer a couple of billion dollars to take Puntland off our hands, then great. But that moment is still quite some time off.

I'll admit, it would be fantastic. But the CoS is I believe 24%- so basically a 1/4 chance of hitting. I hope that Shabeel North well isn't set in stone though- if the initial Shabeel well fails I don't see much point in only moving the rig a few kilometres to drill what is essentially the same place. The second well location should be decided only after the results of the first one are known.

We'll see- as a conservative investor I'm certainly keeping the champagne on ice until a commercial discovery is made.

I'm definitely glad it's started though. It's another project and so another chance of finding company making amounts of oil. Still think Trinidad is the 'big project' that will provide the most value, though.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.