SPZ 3.20% 60.5¢ smart parking limited

SPZ - Like snail on a hot summers day, page-2

1. 5,666 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 555
    Yes, I think it is. In fact, I bought a bunch in the auction. Someone stopped me getting my full allocation but 22.5c was a good buy I think. I use a carpark that I am led to believe has their technology and I like it. Its been around for a while and I don't think its monitored for you overstaying but by in large I can see parking spaces easily and by way of coloured lighting I can tell the bay type and whether I can access that bay.

It has been a very slow process and it has not been without its wasted energy. I gave them a tip about an acquisition that I thought was a target and not only did they contact me back from the general email they replied as to their concerns and why it never went any further.

Personally, I find the Computershare reference unfair and in fact, any tech company probably has a top-heavy payroll its when the tip-over point is reached that you slowly gain momentum. You could invest in any number of IT opportunities and many just die after a few years...

I think it will slowly gain momentum and they will learn how to do better. The fact of the matter is that much like outsourcing your fundraising in a charity the outsourcing of expiation notices will ultimately become a service and many councils will go that route. I don't see that as a concern you get fined you pay the fine ... What has been a bit of a hit is the VAT treatment in the UK on these notices and I think they had to take a chunk out of their earnings to provide for a tax tribunal ruling. In many ways you are correct - it has taken longer, they did not make the right decisions early on, they made a lot of mistakes. What I cannot work out is whether when they were pioneering they could have made fewer errors.

I think because of the Computershare link it is a bit of a well-run company ( Maybe a bit expensively run) but he has put his money where his mouth is on many occasions.

As to why it is where it is today. Well I have been watching for some time and over the past 45 days there has been a seller who puts in a wedge and everything happens below that - at first, I thought it was an accumulation strategy. After a while, I decided it was, in fact, a seller that wasn't street smart and just created an overhang. As everything was happening below them they stepped down but it just created the same pattern - I think they got frustrated and put it all into the market at the lower price and some of us took the bait. What is unfortunate is that they have, in my opinion, really put the share into decline and that normally puts a lot more for sale.

I am probably close to being full up so that won't leave much room in my portfolio. Hopefully, there are others who think it has value...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
60.5¢
Change
-0.020(3.20%)
Mkt cap ! $211.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
62.0¢ 62.5¢ 60.5¢ $64.20K 105.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 32000 60.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
62.5¢ 58400 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.57pm 14/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.