ATH 25.0% 0.3¢ alterity therapeutics limited

xrx2gr0, as to the "reason for the unrelenting secretiveness" my...

1. 9 Posts.
    xrx2gr0, as to the "reason for the unrelenting secretiveness" my theory is that (a) Kempler is of the opinion that the results will speak for themselves (eventually) so there is no need to pump the stock; and (b) being ultra-cautious about public statements is possibly part of the strategy for a miniscule Aussie biotech to limit legal exposure when choosing to list shares in a lawsuit-crazy jurisdiction like the US; and (c) it's never a good idea to comment publicly on ongoing interactions with the FDA.

Because Kempler has gone SO overboard in his cautious approach to not spin things in an overly positive light (primary example: 31Mar2014 investor conf call re Imagine results; other examples: the last 2 AGM's) a conspiracy theorist might suggest (d) he is actively suppressing the stock price to accumulate more or prevent employee/consultant options from hitting their strike price. I don't believe that, but it sure occurred to me in a moment of frustration during the Imagine teleconference Q&A when he failed to even swing at the softballs lobbed by Zavoico or Sovanovich, analysts who had gone out on a limb to support and recommend company shares. Or even worse, when he downplayed Tanzi's observations on statistically significant AB reduction, saying that measurement wasn't part of the "statistical plan".

Instead I choose to believe he is good hearted but in some ways clueless. One thing we can safely say he is NOT a stock promoter, and for that I am grateful. Conversely his reticence is hurting the company share price, and hence its ability to raise capital and survive. I suspect Rebecca Wilson would agree that more communication is better. ...though I suppose being on retainer to provide PR for a client who rarely consents to press releases minimizes the workload.

And as to any sort of announcement that Prana has hit a brick wall in Silver Spring, MD and now intends to pursue Plan B trial registration with the EMA instead, you can be assured that would be announced only after the fact. As it should be.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.