SRZ 5.26% 1.8¢ stellar resources limited

SRZ - Media, page-8

1. 1,231 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2728
    The same media messages keep getting louder and louder.

It’s interesting that AVZ Minerals, currently a $2.7 Billion company (was much higher) remains in a protracted trading halt as it desperately tries to resolve its mining licensing issues with the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) for its Manono Lithium and Tin Project. See Announcement.

The so-called ‘sophisticated’ investor’s who backed such a project in a well-known basket-case jurisdiction maybe regretting that decision now. Regardless, if AVZ can resolve the issues or not, can DRC's low-mining regulatory processes and sovereignty be trusted long term? What about next year or the year after that? Will geopolitical pressure play a part, i.e., China’s influence in Africa and neighbouring regions?

Just this week, the critical mineral supply chains were in focus at the Sydney Energy Forum. See full story.

“We know that tackling the critical minerals supply chain challenges will require the concerted effort of like-minded economies across the region,” Australia’s Resource Minister Madeleine King said at the Sydney Energy Forum. “It will require investment collaboration to diversify critical minerals markets. It will require partnerships that increase investment in resources projects to bring clean energy products to market faster.”

“Our concern is that critical minerals could be subject, or vulnerable, to manipulation as we’ve seen in other areas, or weaponisation,” US Secretary of Energy Jennifer Granholm. “And we want to – I think it’s healthy and from a national security perspective for both of our nations – to diversify our supply chains and make sure that these minerals are available to get to the ultimate goal of net-zero.”

Who can you trust? And what value can you place on that alone?

All IMO, DYOR, GLTA(patient)H

Last edited by Mallyrock: 15/07/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.