SRZ 0.00% 1.6¢ stellar resources limited

srz - tin (highest grade + world tin shortage)

1. 959 Posts.
    Hi All,

Bought a few SRZ recently.

Here is my post from another thread which I will elaborate on:

----
    SRZ:

- Closed on it's high, up 14%.
    - Highest volume in over 2 years.
    - Last time there was this much volume it shot up (very quickly) from around the same SP where it started today, up to the mid 20c's - CSD did the same thing (shot up about 500-600%) at the same time.
    - CSD leading the way again and SRZ following = easy short-term target of 10-11c and then we will see where/what adventure the TIN TIN takes us on.
    - Tin rising and SRZ has some of the best grade tin in the world.
    - ~$4M cash in the bank is handy too.
    ----

TECHNICAL:

SRZ 3 Year Weekly Chart:

CSD 3 Year Weekly Chart:

Tin Price 3 Year Chart:

Looks to me that both SRZ & CSD SP's follow the price if Tin. Here is part of the answer from CSD to an ASX Price Query when the last spike occured for both of the companies:

"The Company notes that the LME tin price has appreciated significantly over recent weeks to in excess of US$23,000 today, and as a result companies with exposure to the tin price are receiving increased attention."

FUNDAMENTAL:

- $4M cash in the bank and currently drilling 2 diamond drill holes as part of 5,300 metres of diamond drilling planned over the next 6 months .

- SRZ has the highest Tin grade around, with intercepts from previous drilling of 12m @ 2.58% Tin, 7m @ 3.97% Tin and 1m @ 12.70% Tin (some mines are <1% Tin).

- Heemskirk Mineral Resource 4.4mt grading 1.1% tin - 48kt of contained tin in 3 nearby deposits (highest grade tin project with JORC resource).

- JORC resource estimate upgrade due in March 2013.

- Excellent existing infrastructure.

- Significant exploration potential in known tin field (18km from Australia’s largest tin mine Renison Bell) & potential to be one of Australia’s largest tin producers.

- US$12,780/t cash cost positions Heemskirk competitively on industry cost curve - Current price of Tin/t is ~US$24,000 (pre-feasibility study currently underway).

- 3,900 tpa of tin in concentrate production ranks project as 2nd in Australia to Renison Bell.

- Production in a couple of years.

- Tin supply shortfall for 5 out of last 6 years.

- Lack of new tin mines.

Also for those that think that the major holder (GIP) is going to sell some shares, I think you are barking up the wrong tree:

From the GIP 2012 Annual Report:

"Stellar has estimated that the three deposits comprise an Inferred Resource of 4.4 million tonnes grading 1.1% tin, making Heemskirk the highest grade, undeveloped tin resource in Australia."

"Gippsland retains an interest of almost 20% in SRZ and will benefit considerably from developments at Heemskirk."

Doesn't sound like they will sell and are looking forward to the real pay-off once the project is developed and the money starts flowing in?

Someone mentioned that the SRZ shares held by GIP are "Held for Sale":

Investments/holdings by companies classified as "Held for Sale" doesn't mean that they are going to sell the investment/holding - it's just how they have to be classified in the Balance Sheet according to Accounting Standards.

My two cents.

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $33.27M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.6¢ 1.6¢ 1.6¢ $38.07K 2.379M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 312500 1.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.7¢ 200000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.12pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SRZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.