AZZ 0.00% $7.50 antares energy limited

St Jude

1. 6,529 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1955
    At the bottom of the announcement on the last page, there is a line that says "Special thanks to St. Jude".

I saw this explained in a news article:

St Jude the miraculous
    BURIED at the bottom of Perth group Antares Energy’s triumphant announcement of a $150m sale of one of its gasfields in Texas on Monday was an odd footnote: “Special thanks to St Jude”.

St Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and the impossible, and is sometimes referred to as the miraculous saint. CEO James Cruikshank said it was actually the second time Antares has appealed to St Jude.

Back in 2009 Antares was running out of time and options. One phone call away from administration, it drilled its Yellow Rose exploration well in what was effectively a last roll of the dice.

It paid off. “If you pray to him, and the impossible happens, then you have an obligation to spread the word of what has been achieved,” he said.
    ----

I must say, it is not reassuring to see that they've had to pray to St Jude to save them. I hope that wasn't the case in this instance as there were multiple offers on the table.

Also saw found this HC discussion as well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.