NOX 1.52% 6.7¢ noxopharm limited

St Vincent’s Hospital LUPIN Study PR

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 132
    Here’s the link to the full press release.

https://hotcopper.com.au/documentdownload?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvSTYO6g+6yxeZrvhhke92GA==

I was talking to a new fellow investor about the results just announced by the company of the first four patients enrolled on the LUPIN trial at St Vincent’s Hospital.  He has followed the company for a while but has only recently dipped his toe into the water.

He was duly positive about the results of these first four patients at this early stage and knows enough to realize that the doses given at this point are primarily to make sure that no adverse effects are present. But he then went on to ask why it would take a year or more to get the next data points from the various cohorts of patients.

I figured that if he had not totally appreciated the situation…. Then there might also be other folks who read this board that might have thought the same.

As I understand it the situation is like this…

1. Patients will be having their PSA levels measured monthly, and the company will be using that as the main indicator of response. That will give them an immediate read-out on response. 

2. Then a 3-month scan from each patient will provide a more definitive assessment of clinical response by indicating how many tumours are left and how large they are. That will show the incidence of response plus the depth of response. I think that pain scores will also be evaluated at these 3-monthly scans.

3. The 12-month scan will show how durable the response is, plus progression-free survival, plus overall survival.

So it looks like there will be almost constant feedback coming into the company as the first three patients showing a clinical response go forward (one had no response remember) and then also as other cohorts are enrolled into the trial.

A clinical response of 3 out of 4 patients at this early stage of low dose of NOX66 is a good start in my view… particularly as the trial has now received approval to enroll the next cohort of patients following a safety review of the first cohort. Ie. No adverse events.

We now have have two radiotherapy trials underway in association with NOX66.... and Dr Kelly points this out in the press release. Covering more than one base in radiotherapy... a pretty good move too in my estimation.

Noxopharm CEO Dr Graham Kelly said  “We see NOX66 as a unique anti-cancer drug, capable of enhancing the anti-cancer effect of radiotherapy regardless of how it is delivered and in a proportion of patients capable of producing an abscopal response leading to the complete eradication of cancer cells in the body. With both DARRT and the LUPIN programs now underway, we are giving ourselves the opportunity of comparing which form of radiotherapy + NOX66 combination works best in men with prostate cancer – that is, radiation delivered either externally or internally.”

“We are encouraged to see good PSA responses in 3 of the first 4 men treated, particularly when we note that this is with a low dosage of NOX66. We look forward to seeing the outcome over the coming months when the hospital doubles that dosage to what we expect to be a more therapeutic dosage of  800 mg”

There’s a lot of news coming down the pike this year. Should satisfy BOTH camps... now that we have a new set of interested parties. ... bless ‘em.  

Apples

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NOX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.7¢
Change
0.001(1.52%)
Mkt cap ! $19.57M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.7¢ 6.7¢ 6.7¢ $818 12.21K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 17790 6.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.0¢ 4049 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.44pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NOX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.