NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

staff turnover. how high is too high?

1. 19 Posts.
    Further speculation and publicity on this matter whether here, on Glassdoor or more widely will be of no help to anyone. Facts are needed.
    I read of the email exchange between “greed is good” and the CEO. I noted Mr Crowther begrudgingly accepted a need for greater report transparency around key metrics. But his reply that observations about staff turnover being high were “inaccurate” is puzzling.
    Put Glassdoor to one side. I understand NEA has about 30-35 employees and moved from Perth to Sydney about 15 months ago.
    A LinkedIn search shows 31 people based on the Eastern seaboard report being “past not present” Nearmap employees. [I am not an ex-employee but am an ex-shareholder and have business friends who currently use Nearmap products]. Surely this is “high” for such a small firm? Are there others who don’t even have their profiles on LinkedIn?
    Others may disagree but staff turnover approaching 100% may be symptomatic of deeper issues. Brain drain in an IP intensive business is a major concern.
    Nearmap has posted to HC before. Perhaps the company would respond to these queries and resolve the doubt:
    Since the move to Sydney:
    1. Have comprehensive HR recruitment strategies been adopted?
    2. How many people are currently on staff?
    3. What is the average length of their tenure?
    4. How many have had their services terminated?
    5. How many chose to resign?

Yes, investors want to see the SP increase. But is mismanagement now keeping it stagnant?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.