SYN 0.00% 0.1¢ synergia energy ltd

blackhat I don't entirely disagree with everything you've said -...

1. 1,502 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    blackhat
    I don't entirely disagree with everything you've said - just primarily one or two things.

Firstly, an inconvenient fact, that you appear to be unaware of - I'm not suggesting for a moment that you're intentionally misrepresenting.

However, as you have emphasised the importance of facts viz " ..... Mandurah is giving us facts. Don't criticise the facts ......" etc etc, I'm surprised and would have thought that you, of all people, would know the facts concerning OEX's involvement at Cambay being the brainchild and sole focus (obsession?) of Dr Bruce McCarthy, Managing Director, who was in charge of and directed operations at 76, not Ron.

Ron was on the board at that time, and OEX was lucky to have some one of his professional standing, industry knowledge and experience, to stepped in and pick up the reins following the demise of 76 and the subsequent deterioration of Bruce's health that prevented his continuing in the driver's seat. Your entitled, like everyone, to have and express opinions, regardless of facts - caveat emptor.

Secondly, ".... Remember 76? They stuffed up the milling and destroyed the well. There is no one new in OEX management who knows what to do." Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, blackhat. Your language is emotive and clouded - step back, take a deep breath, and look at the "facts".

Who's the "they" that you're referring to, that's supposed to have stuffed up the milling and destroyed the well? Remember, Ron was a company Director at the time, not an OEX manager. I would have thought that responsibility lay with 1) the unpreparedness of the management team lead, by Dr Bruce, to: develop plans and manage risks to mitigate such outcomes; and to deal effectively with an evolving dynamic deteriorating situation 2) the cutting of corners and cost saving by management when going thru the procurement process to select contractors capable of delivering, and 3) the contractors and equipment were just not up to it. The well pipe ended up splitting.

Re "There is no one new in OEX management who knows what to do."
    There's been several personnel changes over the last two years. For one, Ron replaced Dr Bruce - then on 27 July 2012 Mr Michael Maloney, with 30 years relevant experience, was appointed as Chief Operating Officer with responsibility for Cambay.

I guess what you're subtly implying is that the OEX management (i.e. excluding any of the new people) do know what they are doing. Well, that's what I'm hoping and counting on.

You're not quite as unbiased and objective blackhat, as you would like to make out.

Apart from that, I agree with your summation of responsible investment - you take personal responsibility for your own wins/losses. Don't pay undue notice to what you read on these threads - these nom de plumes won't be paying your bills. DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.