Stagflation, page-4

1. 16,383 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 137
    Did you ever get in a lift going down and start thinking "what if it doesn't stop when it's supposed to?"

"The only way the Fed can possibly tame inflation is with interest rates so high that everything collapses. Jamie Dimon himself sees 8% interest rates being needed to tame America’s Fed-fueled inflation beast — but with an economy addicted to a low cost of borrowing, this would make loans unaffordable for entire sectors of the economy that can’t do without.
    A serious implosion in commercial real estate would certainly bleed into the banking sector, beginning a chain reaction. Meanwhile, with no chance of the US reigning in spending and getting its fiscal house in order, interest on the US debt can already only be paid with even more borrowed money."

It seems like every morning I look at the headlines and there's Joe Biden going to spend gazillions on this that and the other.
    It suddenly reminds me of Peter Finch telling everybody to stick their heads out the window and scream "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take any more"

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.