TLS 0.52% $3.86 telstra group limited

stagnant share-price, page-11

1. 1,494 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 154
    the below post is my opinion;

thanks for the email nosintap - sounds like you and I are on common ground in thinking that this labor government must be the worst government Australia has had - I understand where the moderator was coming from though as the post was more about all of labor's failed policies than telstra.

I was just thinking about a past post where the poster said telstra did not have the big asset book of most banks and therefore could not compete on the wholesale market to get as cheap a funds. I believe this may have been the case over the last couple of decades but I would now argue that the quality of the debt book is a lot more important now in these times of tight credit....telstra just setting out in banking could resolve to take on people with higher credit worthiness -reducing the risk of their book - and hopefully reducing the rate at which people are willing to lend to it.

I hold telstra and hope that they get into banking now...at the beginning of the next credit loosening cycle.

disclaimer; the above post is my opinion and is not to be used for making any decisions. The above post has been submitted for entertainment purposes only.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.86
Change
-0.020(0.52%)
Mkt cap ! $44.60B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.86 $3.87 $3.84 $58.46M 15.16M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 68399 $3.86

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.87 76368 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.