cheers...... fully agree with your assessment of commercial...

1. 47,455 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 649
    cheers...... fully agree with your assessment of commercial channels and the coronation. the ABC MD said that Grant was invited to give the views that he expressed. that Grant did as he was asked shares the load, but the targeted rage of MSM is designed to crush. and how much more would it crush than to be a reviled woman, Aboriginal, Ukrainian or Russian or any other culture in this land.

we still carry the hangover from more than 60 years of legislated racism. when we were kids such anti-ism was alive and all around us. our grandchildren are growing up in the last vestiges of institutional, systemic racism. I still find myself falling into old ways at times, old thinking.

Grant is often criticised for his ego. I agree with you, a strong self confidence is necessary in journalism, but as with all investigative processes from science to academia, journos need to be certain of their sources. that certainty has off-shoots toward seeming arrogant, proud, certain and brash, able to shoot down adversarial arguments.... hey that sounds like some of us.

but he goes too far editorialising.... and sorry mate, I see the pattern of his selection of questions and the selection of respondents as his means of putting the panelists on the spot to make 'em squirm - too much commercial strategy for my liking.

I took that for what it was until he silenced and kicked out the Russian kid. he should, as a facilitator, have tolerance and a willingness to listen --- hey he wasn't perfect. too bad for my expectations.

yet I deeply respect the way he finished qanda.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.