GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

standard of living in the usa is sinking ...., page-25

1. 3,971 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 185
    Hi Skol,

I agree with some of what you say things are changing, when I was a kid if you wanted to see a fat lady with tattoos you had to go to the circus now they are everywhere!

The guy I met in Ireland has no tattoos and has worked in a poultry factory in a rural area for thirty years he is also a part time farmer on his own land and raises a few cattle etc. Through no fault of his own the company super fund he was compelled to pay into has gone broke as have many in the collapse of the Celtic Tiger. This guy and his wife will get by as they can produce their own food and own their home outright. What I feel is unfair is that these people have put off things like O/S travel instead working and reducing their debt. To reiterate they will get by, buts that’s about all, they will be denied some of the finer things in life that many would wish to enjoy in retirement.

If some young lass finds herself pregnant I don’t mind helping out financially through my taxation payments; however, around the fourth or fifth child my views tend to change a little. But then someone living like that possibly needs some other kind of help or education.

Of course the fix for this welfare abuse (as some call it) is coming sooner than most think as those currently running the nanny state find they are unable to steal sufficient money from the dwindling number of people capable of generating real capital.

Maybe if we ever accidentally elect a true statesman although unlikely as we have not done so in the last 200 years, the state could prepare a few more people to stand on their own two feet!

Just think that Australia with all its resources, arable land, food capacity and small population if it was ever run properly by competent people what it could be like. It’s not rocket science I did it with my own business for over twenty years just keep your invoices going out at a higher figure than your input costs and a profit is made, simple and I left school at fifteen!

The sad part of course is that given the wonderful conditions that Australia has had over the last twenty years as a business it has failed miserably and has not managed a budget surplus (profit) so I doubt things will get better in the next few years as China slows down.

However, look on the bright side I always believed that in business and life in general we get on not because of politicians bankers and other meddlers but in spite of them! That’s why I protect myself the only way I can with physical gold held outside of the banking industry and if I keep saying it long enough others may also catch on.

However; even I know you can only take a horse to water!

Cheers and very best regards: Andy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.