ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

stanwell announcement, page-7

1. av
    2,595 Posts.
    I think the EGM results probably forced the hand of management to release info on the farm-in before it was signed/confirmed. Why not wait until it is completed/confirmed I ask? It would be reasonable to assume that the Stanwell has been on the books for quite a while and the company was planning to use the convertibles to provide added flexibility going forward and letting the Stanwell deal begin the process of reserve certification. As a package with the Stanwell deal, the convertibles seems less ridiculously dilutionary as most would not have been used. If this is the case, why not announce the cons and farmin at the same time? If this was the plans, its seems like a good idea that was poorly executed in terms of presenting the info to shareholders and maybe rushed because of management turmoil...and now we have a large vote of no confidence in the board and a EGM.

Have been thinking about the rejected resolutions. At the time, everyone would have assumed the convertible notes issue was the only option going forward. This leads me to think that the large rejection vote must have been coordinated beforehand. Why else would such a large vote against the only option available at the time to progress the company's tenements. The rejection basically brought the companies only plans to stand still. Taking this one step further, it would seem reasonable to assume that any decent replacement board presented at the EGM may be a good chance to get up. What do people think?

An new board may delay share price rises for a month or two, but I think it will be good in the long run. Will be interesting to see how this all pans out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.