MRV 0.00% 0.3¢ moreton resources ltd

Stanwell's Meandu Mine 2015 strip ratio more than twice MRV's proposed strip ratio

1. 144 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    https://data.qld.gov.au/dataset/a83.../28021c72-e364-456e-a44d-472f32f98459/preview

It would seem from this govt data that Meandu's strip ratio for 2015 was 9.7:1.  This is more than double MRV's proposed life of mine strip ratio of 4:1. (Based on 33,352,663/ 3,429,513 and my understand Meandu is only coal mine in Tarong basin)

On 24/12/15 Stanwell said on their website "Based on a review of the information released by Moreton Resources today, Stanwell can see no compelling economic, or any other reason, to revisit its 2014 decision and remains fully committed to maintaining its own mining operations"

With mining costs being the predominant cost in supplying a tonne of product coal, and with Stanwell needing to move more than twice as much dirt to produce a tonne of coal, then I find it difficult to understand how there cannot be a compelling commercial reason to consider a cheaper alternate supply of coal.

I understand that Stanwell is a government owned corporation and does not need to declare its cost base, but when to a layman their position would seem to be unsupportable, does anyone know what mechanisms are available to ensure their decision is appropriate for the ratepayers and electricity consumers of Queensland.

I know that Anna 1's govt did a lot of work to increase transparency in government, but how do the ratepayers of Queensland access this transparency in practice ?

Cheers

Z

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MRV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.