PYC 0.00% 12.0¢ pyc therapeutics limited

stapled peptides v phylomer peptides

1. 1,516 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1899
    The biologics war is hot. Phylogica is contesting the same space occupied by Aileron Therapeutics who are advancing stapled peptides in partnership with Roche. Just to recap;

"Stapled Peptides are a promising breakthrough therapeutic modality for the treatment of many diseases by modulating intracellular or extracellular a-helical protein-protein interactions and expand drug target space," Aileron presentation at AsiaTIDES.

The libraries of Phylogica are versatile in application but include the capability for the 'efficient blockade of target protein-protein interactions'; CPPS also expand the drug target space '10 fold'. This is Aileron's turf, even more so because Phylogica is pursuing a collaboration with Genentech, a member of the Roche Group.

So, I've repeated one of my last posts.

My interest in the topic was further piqued by Carmen Drahl's article, Stapled Peptides Hit Puberty, With Attendant Drama, published C&EN 4 February 2013. The article discusses the same story as Stapled Peptides Take a Torpedo from Genentech by Derek Lowe but with additional detail and insights into the science and personalities of the players including Tomi Sawyer.

"...in December, a report by researchers in Australia and biotech company Genentech concluded that two stapled peptides didn't perform as claimed," said Drahl.

The attendant drama appears to hinge upon the claim that 'the staple isn't enhancing cell permeability or binding affinity'. The complexity in engineering staples is also an issue.

Obviously a further issue for Aileron is the notation of Genentech as one of the collaborators to the research findings which was critical of the performance of the stapled peptides under review.

Considerable ink has been spilled over the past few months in researching and cataloguing the panel of CPPs from Phylogica's library which are being evaluated by Genentech. Enough said.

Lets give Tomi Sawyer the last word courtesy of Carmen Drahl;
    "Sawyer indicated that he hopes the Boston and Australia/Genentech teams will work out their scientific differences. 'But that’s science for you. It isn't always a gentleman’s game'.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $559.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 12.5¢ 12.0¢ $185.3K 1.515M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 166662 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 39575 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.