star player greg inglis under police investiga, page-11

1. 12,609 Posts.
    Surely there must be quite a few league sponsorships being questioned in boardrooms across the country. It is these sponsorships that really hold the key to the future health of the game. And once games slip to a significant degree, it can be very difficult to resurrect them.

As some on here have suggested over the last couple of years, bad behaviour by league players is swooped on by the press, probably more than when players of other football codes transgress. I suspect this is true, but it is the frequency of the sordid incidents that has caused this.

I don't know David Gallop, but I do wonder why he would want to stay in that job. Fair dinkum. When you have people like Goose Gould continuously grandstanding about the shortcomings of the league (when Gould's simplistic diatribe does more damage to the game than any other single individual could ever do), players continually getting involved in grotty incidents etc etc etc.

I can understand companies that rely directly on the league wanting to be associated with it, because they need to...eg Cantebury, Adidas etc.....but even alcohol companies must now be questioning the wisdom of an association with league now. Not to mention other corporate entities such as insurance companies, banks etc etc. Why would they want to run the risk of an involvement with league??

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.