I think you're right to a large degree Mick. It does go on...

1. 12,609 Posts.
    I think you're right to a large degree Mick. It does go on everywhere, and the public support has never really appeared to wane significantly in league over the years, from what I know.

However, if I was an ardent RL supporter, I think I would be getting more concerned these days. Rightly or wrongly (many would argue 'rightly'), the press is really getting on to these league stories big time, and that is a worry for the sport.

As we know, people believe the press and swallow the hype like marshmallows. And when the press finds it has a winner by bashing something, it will continue to bash it.

I just get the feeling these days, that in a world where even Joe Blow wants to be seen wearing brand name clothing, and driving the most expensive car he can get hold of, people may be starting to question if league is the image they're after. That, along with the fact that Little Johnny is pampered more than he ever was etc etc. I know this may sound a bit random, but I just wonder if people who have always accepted, even supported, league, may now be viewing it with a much greater degree of scepticism.

Not sure.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.