NET 0.00% 0.3¢ netlinkz limited

Starlink, page-10

1. 449 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 74
    Like other shareholders I joined the demonstration of the upgraded VSN. ((More features had been added to make it even more compatible for carriers to sell as a secure network service).

There were two key things for us to see.

1) a demonstration of the data flow being switched on and off. Now seen; now "not there"(invisible) which struck me as remarkable.
    2) the dashboard of the controller unit which allows the organization to set very specific rules of communication. T

This was like a highly sophisticated PABX but as those who know what a PABX is or was are now often dribbling in their soup that may not mean much but conceptually it is much the same. The rules of where calls went could be set by the box. If A didn't answer it would jump to C unless C made it jump to D ,but not everyone had a direct line to the CEO.

The controller extends this in every direction: from the most general level to highly specific.

For example, in a hospital the set rules may completely block out some departments from other departments or only allow, say, the head of dispensary to speak to accounts and surgery when on site. But what if the head of dispensary runs another dispensary at another site? So this rule had to change it would be easy to set up a different set of rules which reduce the surface area of cyber attack to the minimum for that organization to still function smoothly.

In this era of short supply and rising costs it might be important for the dispensary head to speak to the head surgical nurse on any Sunday evening as an option to make report than everything was ready for the first operation the next morning. So a time factor can be used. So now there is location and time.

Functional segmentation is perhaps the big one. In a mining operation there has to be free-flowing communication to ensure food and drink supply, but does that have to be mixed up with communication about remote monitoring of machinery or supply or tie bolts, acids, and explosives? No, so segmentation will be bespoke for the company or organization.

Possibly there is some limitation on endless permutations and combinations when it comes to the VSN "productised" for a carrier like HGC, but my hunch is that it remains much the same. Perhaps slightly simplified.

But to get to your question - as explained to me Starlink global distribution helps to extend the marketing of the VSN across the world in a way which couldn't have been done otherwise.

Every sales discussion about the Starlink (who hasn't heard of Elon) becomes a "free" introduction and discussion of the VSN in network-as-a service form.
    Whether this is a master stroke is still to be seen, but regardless, it is still likely to go down in those Harvard business case studies as a great example of how a small company bring global leverage to its product- in this case by association with one of the best known products in the world.

HGC deal extends this further. It will market the network-as-a-service to its clients across greater SE Asia and perhaps to places far beyond.
    To the extent that it extends its fibre optic network with Starlink kits, that further pushes out the potential market footprint.

Theoretically a copper trader in Singapore could link up to a Starlink dish in Chile and have instantaneous video comms or file sharing.
    Netlinkz has global Starlink distribution so it could, for all we know, be selling into Chile. There are about a dozen ASX copper and lithium listings with Chilean permits or operations. More if we add Argentina.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.