OGX 0.00% 0.3¢ orinoco gold limited

Apology accepted thanks, While I now accept that you were not...

1. 2,599 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1713
    Apology accepted thanks,

While I now accept that you were not targeting me, it is the third time ..so it did appear as though you may have had an agenda.

...could I suggest that it would be less annoying if you just gave your opinion instead of needing to say that someone else was wrong ...or perhaps not copy and paste (which you may be doing for clarity (twice?)), but rather ...just reply and say (for example) you disagree with me regarding the JORC statement because a,b,c. And yes if I am going to disagree with someone ...I think I need references first up, not just rhetoric .

Cheers batboy ...I never said we could release a JORC statement ...so I agree with you. (why do I have this sense of de ja vu -as though I have been verballed again)

Kookaburra777 you also quoted me selectively by omitting the preface of my (hypothetical) statement "while there are obvious restrictions on a JORC reserve with our coarse grade mineralisation, I believe the company can make a statement such as: ...." You might also note the use of the "qualifying words "I believe" ...hardly being arrogant or insisting it was fact.

The JORC code you quoted (resplendent with bold type face) is impressive, interesting and informative -but alas irrelevant to my post -as I was not suggesting a JORC statement.

My latest research has reminded me that I was (quite correctly) referring to an "aspirational statement". (I have read about this previously ...and remembered the concept ...but not the wording "aspirational") :

aspirational.JPG

ASX listing rules Guidance Note 31

SO ...an aspirational statement is excluded from the JORC code reporting requirements (because they use qualifying statements like "aims to be" -or as I suggested "if").

I'm happy to accept that "general aspirational statements of prospective production" may be open to legal interpretation ...HOWEVER, I am not suggesting that the company provide anything misleading in any shape or form. Anyone who knows my HC history knows I am firmly against the ubiquitous corporate "sleight of hand".

It appears to me that for a third time I am vindicated (insert goofy badge)

What is also interesting (which I had not previously noticed) is:
    Current Year Production Forecasts.JPG

To me ...this appears to be saying ...well exactly what it says! Needs no explanation. Here is the PDF containing Chapter 5 including the listing rules that do not apply in the circumstances as indicated above.

Is this more flexibility to enable investors to be more fully informed???

I don't know the answer to this but perhaps some distinguished legal-eagle might care to comment / interpret (would be appreciated).

Cheers

SJB

....I knew this one would waste take a few hours
    Last edited by sirjohnnyboy: 02/09/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.