TZL 12.0% 2.8¢ tz limited

starting point, page-10

1. 5,277 Posts.
    Clyde, I'm not in the industry but this is the best I understand matters.

There are some other companies which are developing SMA actuators but their uses do not overlap TZ's patented applications.

These companies:

(1) are small and are selling the actuators as widgets as opposed to IP networked software/hardware solutions

(2) are not listed so do not have access to capital markets to develop their businesses to compete strongly with TZ

(3) do not have vision and are where TZ were many years ago.

As for other technologies, the two alternatives to SMA are (1)solenoids and (2) motors. SMA has much greater advantages such as lightweight, cost, increased number of cycles, non-magnetic, and others which I cannot recall.

TZ has a first mover advantage, so if another TZ does crop up, it will take some time. Even if this does happen, we should not bear 2 things in mind: (1) the market is more than large enough to accommodate more than one TZ and (2) the current market capitalization of TZ offers significant upside even if meaningful competition does eventuate.

As for real advantages, it's probably best to look at what some clients have been saying:

1. BlueLock datacenters:

Currently our largest data center houses 28 racks with the capacity to house 100 racks, which we anticipate reaching very quickly, said Durham. We looked at several security and micro!protection options available, but none offered the level of cost effective scalability that the TZ Centurion platform provides. With the quick growth that we have experienced over the past two years, we cannot afford to run into any scalability obstacles

2. Pitney Bowes/Safeway

"Safeway is known for its innovation, so adding the Intelligent Locker System to their internal systems line"up was a natural,� Doeberl said. �The fact that the System so completely addresses the need for a secure and unquestionable chain of custody was a prime factor in the company�s decision to invest in our Intelligent Locker System.
    Additionally, many of our corporate mail services customers are beginning to implement more flexible workplace strategies. The more that happens, the more they need a secure and complete chain of custody for high value accountable mail � and the more opportunity for installation of the Intelligent Locker System.

3. Sterling apartments

Paul Hoffman, Sterling resident and President of the Association's board said, �I quickly saw the return on
    the TZ Concierge� investment when the concept was initially presented to the board.

There is absolutely no downside to the installation. It�s as significant an amenity as our pool or our tennis courts.
    The TZ team made sure we had a solution that fits our needs perfectly. They researched our package logs, understood the needs of our residents and mapped the mix of parcel sizes delivered to make sure the locker sizes were right. The residents and management of this property really appreciate TZ�s attention to detail to customize a solution for our property.

Then there is also the matter of how the TZ technology helped Dell to produce the world's thinnest laptop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av-oJ-l461w

http://investor.tzlimited.com/IRM/Company/ShowPage.aspx?CPID=1317&PageName=TZ%20Locking%20Technology%20Featured%20on%20the%20Dell%20Adamo%20XPS

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TZL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.