Hi Raiderup,When you highlight my quotes it's best if you do so...

1. 1,905 Posts.
    Hi Raiderup,

When you highlight my quotes it's best if you do so in full and don't just edit them to suit yourself.

"These guys only get paid $400k at best" ,are you posting fact or do you just guess? My quote was "These guys only get paid $400k at best to play in Australia?"

Usually the question mark at the end of the sentence would lead you to understand that it WAS a question/guess wouldn't it? Or did you play one too many games yourself? If my assumption is incorrect why did 2 of the NRL's best (Falou and Hunt) swap to AFL? They got a truckload of money given to them to give up a Sport they were apparently brilliant at to TRY and play our great game. Fair evidence wouldn't you say? Or maybe you can shed some light on the subject for me?

"Talk is cheap,action speaks louder than words, bit of a tall poppy syndrome have you."

Tall poppy syndrome? Me? Nah, I have nothing but respect (as sportsmen) for men who run into elbows and head-high tackles for a living. I just think 95% of them are thugs who struggle to string a word together.
    The low level of intelligence that is required to play NRL is obvious. So yes, when these blokes are finished and have had their heads beaten in for 8-10 years they will no doubt have less brains than they have now. And that is hard to imagine... So perhaps life as a garbo isn't such a bad trade option for them when the lights dim on their careers.

In my opinion it's a crap Sport made for thugs. All players seem to have a very similar body type which tells me the game is more about muscle and speed than it is about skill. But I'm sure many of the lovers of NRL think our game is for pansies. The only difference is our guys are tough because they never know when the hit is coming. Your boys are brutes, not getting around that, but they are rarely caught 'off guard' from what I've seen.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.