state of origin, page-23

1. 8,506 Posts.

"Then you have inglis and slater who feel its illegal to get tackled."

very true dagrub - amazes me how many meters that slater is allowed to get away with in the playing of the ball - does he ever play it on the spot he was tackled on?

how did qld get the penalty when inglis was the aggressor and wouldn't let the blues player go in that tackle? - isn't it illegal to touch a marker? - apparently not when it suits the refs - does anyone notice how much either side get away with when they are the dominant team?

some of these guys have become very precious with their success

thurston is a great example - gets away with forward passes ad nauseum, but gives officials a profanity spray when he finally, correctly gets pulled up for one - wouldn't last 2 secs on HC - lol

don't kid yourselves, having a 'blue' is part of the origin appeal, that's why the rules are a bit more relaxed at state of origin level and thuggery is not exclusive to either team, but i can remind you of recent exmaples......

slater against hayne during parra v melb - hayne gives him a head butt (one on one) no worse than a peck on the cheek - next time hayne gets the pill, slater gutlessly becomes the 3rd player in the tackle and elbows him to the back of the head

and the most cowardly act i've ever seen on the league field was qld with that infamous up and under with 4 or 5 players wanting to smash an unprotected receiver who had nothing to do with their spoilt brat angst - football was not their focus - there is only one thing worse than a bad loser, and that's a bad winner

people have also forgotten that the blues didn't lose a series for 4 years prior to this recent domination from qld - i do question the mryiad of changes the nsw selectors keep making when success obviously comes from stability in team membership

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.