CVN 0.00% 19.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

You definitely got me thinking on that one. I saw a documentary...

1. 488 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 100
    You definitely got me thinking on that one. I saw a documentary on YouTube the other night regarding depleting oil fields and the difficulty in finding new ones. Apparently the Russians have an interesting theory about oil being continuously produced in the earths crust (not from organic origin), but the western world is hesitant to believe it. The Russians had some old fields being 'renewed' with oil inflows of different oil composition, but many of the worlds existing oil fields are not being regenerated. Whether that's because they're of organic origin and not this crusty origin, or whether they are in locations that aren't able to be regenerated, or whether that's because the theory is wrong... who knows.

Regarding how much oil is used in passenger vehicles, from a quick Google search (a 2017 article):
    Besides, passenger vehicles consume only about 26 percent of the oil used worldwide.
    https://theconversation.com/how-electric-vehicles-could-take-a-bite-out-of-the-oil-market-81081

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $348.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.0¢ 19.5¢ $386.1K 1.979M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 425882 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 256926 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.