CNP 0.00% 4.0¢ cnpr group

stategic management plan thumbs up

1. 3,267 Posts.
    Centro's Strategic Management Plan, whilst fairly brief in today's announcement, is on the right track. I haven't invested previously in cnp due to potential conflicts of interest in my previous position in government but I am now free to do so.
    The new management are making all the right moves to sort out the company so that shareholder value is based on sound philosophical corporate direction to reduce the debt and return the company to some sort of order. I did a post in the last day or so about the importance to Australia's reputation that Centro will be an important representative of Australian business on a broader scale Internationally and I must say that I am pleased that the refinancing has been approved and the company has a good strategic management plan in place. The key performance requirements set in place through the agreements, are going to provide some comfort to the International reputation of the broader Australian business community.
    Well done to the senior management team for the new direction you appear to be taking the company.
    Transparency (in accounts that are easy to interpret) will be an important component of the recovery. High on the agenda must be good corporate governance which will need to be communicated to the stakeholders on a regular basis but from what I have read tonight, I think the company has some future both in the short term and the longer term.

An extract from the release that forms the basis of my opinion.....

"Strategic Plan Update
    Centro continues to proceed with the strategic planning process it previously
    announced. The key objectives of Centro through the strategic planning process
    and during the period of these extensions are to:
    * Preserve the value of Centro’s underlying assets and income streams;
    * Position Centro to raise equity in order to reduce debt and recapitalise its
    balance sheet; and
    * Identify other means of reducing debt, including potential portfolio or asset
    sales (providing appropriate values are obtained)".

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.