CNX 0.00% 7.4¢ carbon energy limited

I'm no expert, but the biggest reason that gives me pause about...

1. 260 Posts.
    I'm no expert, but the biggest reason that gives me pause about investing in UCG companies is not the technology itself, but the acceptance of it from overly conservative, narrowminded members of the QLD government.

The CSG sector has a lot of heat right now and it's getting SE QLD in the spotlight. The QLD government, rather than really objectively assessing the benefits of any particular technology, will ride with what is currently riding in the resource sector. So when heavyweights like BG and Conoco move in, the QLD Gov follow suit with their support as they're merely caught in the wake. With that may come some palm greasing - who knows - but Greenies will probably oppose any coal-based energy generation, especially ones tagged with instances of ground water contamination, regardless of scientific evidence to prove that it can be successfully avoided. And if you've got Greenies on the moral platform making enough noise citing previous UCG environment impacts, and the QLD government caught up in the CSG boom, then what's left for UCG?

I know there's some serious backing behind the technology and I love the concept, but some mainstream acknowledgement of the technology would be wonderful.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.