BIT 0.00% 1.9¢ biotron limited

You ask whether BIT have presented their trial results...

1. 1,251 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 713
    You ask whether BIT have presented their trial results appropriately. And in particular whether they should have drawn investors attention to the exploratory nature of their analyses.

Take stiff drink Davisite because I’m going to say something quite shocking.

What BIT have presented are not clinical trial results at all.

Clinical trial results come into existence only after they have been legitimised through scientific peer review (a journal publication) or following review by a regulatory body.

Up until that point interpretations of the results of clinical trials are only opinions because people can disagree about how to analyze data and interpret results, and therefore you don’t have an objective conclusion.

So you are really asking how companies should express their opinion about what happened in their clinical trial when communicating with investors.

This is more of a stock exchange legal type question about materiality.

But the basics (as I understand them) is that various courts have held that companies are not required to adopt a gloomy view of their trial results and nor point out to investors all the things that could be wrong with them. But if something is material then yes it should be reported.

In this specific case BIT stated very clearly that the trial was exploratory. It then went on to put its best foot forward and present its results in a glass half full way. This is situation completely stock standard normal.

In terms of what the ICH guidance says about exploratory and confirmatory analyses being clearly stated in protocols – yep absolutely. Have you seen the protocol (or more likely the SAP) for this trial to think this wasn’t followed?

And note when (if) BIT publish the trial results this is picked up through the CONSORT standard 18 where the results from pre-specified and exploratory analyses are distinguished.

Now I can see you have been pretty busy today and might not have a chance to ask a moderator to change the title to this thread as I requested.

In social media life as in real life we live by reciprocity. Hopefully you feel you got a couple of useful posts out of me (that I promised) and now Daviste is the time to reciprocate.

Anyway all the best to all posters here. Be interesting to see where things head to with BIT.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.