IMM 9.86% 32.0¢ immutep limited

Statistics of the Clinical Trials, page-13

1. 3,740 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 106
    Amazing that people throw money at stocks not understanding the stats (although in my case that was an impediment to making money here!). I can guarantee that if the p value had been <0.05 (i.e. the usually accepted level of significance for medical trials) that this would be trading much, much higher or even bought out by now. It smells a little off that the US fund chap got in for less than 2 cents, did they knew the numbers ahead of the market or did he just have foresight from the data already published?

As others have pointed out the broad 95% confidence interval means the true hazard ratio is from 0.02 to 1.44 (i.e. amazingly life saving to overtly harmful). The p value could be said to be 'trending' towards significance, but this trial certainly wouldn't generally be enough for the FDA to give it the green light.

This all said, the numbers imply promise and it may just be that with a few more patients in each group the magic p value would have been achieved (i.e. this study was underpowered), it's likely that CVAC is working wonders for at least a subgroup. I'll be honest and confess to hovering over the buy button at 3.7 cents and now peeved that I didn't pull the trigger... Perhaps my understanding of the stats and medical background made me too conservative and in hindsight PRR was bargain basement for what has turned out to be such a promising drug in an under provisioned area, however I won't be chasing the stock upwards for now, I'm concerned that they'll need further phase III trials (the FDA usually want to separate positive ones, although they can be run in parallel) and that pushes out sales and profitability a long way.

I confess that I haven't read the threads so apologise if I'm not abreast of all the information, but the hope for holders would be that sufficient promise has been shown to attract a big fish into an exclusive licence with funds and royalties attached or even a takeover.

I truly hope that PRR can get this on over the line and show consistent benefit for the many, I lost my grandmother at far too young an age (65) to Ovarian cancer and it really is a silent killer, too often diagnosed too late for lack of symptoms.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
32.0¢
Change
-0.035(9.86%)
Mkt cap ! $464.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
34.0¢ 34.5¢ 31.5¢ $2.884M 8.841M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 264808 31.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
32.5¢ 205318 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.